0 of 4 Questions completed
You have already completed the test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Répondez aux questions simples liées au travail.
Écoutez chaque enregistrement deux fois et répondez aux question.
Hello Mrs Chaff this is Leanne down at the security desk. There is a gentleman here Mr Pierce, who says he has some meeting with you but he is not on our list can you come down and sign him in? Thank you.[/tab]
” Postponed meeting with The OAG”
Postponed meeting with The OAG
Hi, Ted this is Carol returning your call about today scheduled meeting. I guess since you’re away on a retreat he didn’t hear that the meeting with the rep from the Auditor General has been postponed until next week. The good news is that it gives us a little more time to polish off the draft of the report. Why don’t you give me a call back and we can discuss getting together to do that. Talk to you soon.
” Plant watering”
Kayla: Good afternoon, Kayla Perkins here. How may I help you?
Leo: Hi there Kayla! Its Leo calling, how are things in frosty Ottawa?
Kayla: Hi Leo! Well things are ok here nothing out of the ordinary. Just a bit of snow
Leo: Ah yes I remember the snow. Its 30 degrees here.
Kayla: Ah how is your vacation going anyway? You are still away in Bermuda, aren’t you?
Leo: Yes, I am, and everything is fabulous here. It’s absolutely gorgeous.
Kayla: Are you calling to rub it in? Oh! That’s cruel!
Leo: (giggles). No, actually I am calling because I realize I forgotten to get somebody to water the plant to my office. You know they need a lot of care.
Kayla: Oh absolutely. I can do that for you no problem.
Leo: Well thanks so much, I really appreciate that. I will pick up a souvenir for you.
Kayla: Oh well that’s not necessary but thanks. See you next week.
Leo: Yes I will be back at the end of the week see you then.
Rob: Hi I am looking for Mr Cosby
Mr Cosby: This is Will and you are?
Rob: My name is Rob Newhart. I am calling about an old employee of yours. Mr Keithen? He gave your name as a reference.
Mr Cosby: Oh Al? Yah I know him. Great guy! He worked for us if I remember correctly from 2002…to 2007 in finance.
Rob: That’s about what he said. So what can you tell me about him as an employee? His work habits, how he got along with others? How he was with deadlines, etc.
Mr Cosby: Overall, he was an asset here. I was sad to see him go. He is a very bright man. His work habits were excellent and he always got things in before they were due and his work was always of the highest quality
Rob: And how did he got along with his co-workers?
Mr Cosby: Ah! That’s actually the one area he didn’t do as well in. Being such a driven individual, he had no patience for people who didn’t pull their own way. To some people, he came across as being pretty arrogant; so he ruffled a few feathers here.
Rob: So working on a team?…
Mr Cosby: Probably not the best use of his talent. But if you have him working on his own most of the time, he should be fine.
Rob: Hmm interesting. Well I have taken up enough of your time Mr Costby. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
Mr Cosby : Don’t mention it and don’t let what I said dissuade you as long as he is managed correctly Al will be an asset to any organization
Rob: I will keep that in mind. Have a good afternoon.
Mr Cosby: You too. Bye.
Choisissez un des trois sujets puis faites une présentation en répondant aux questions de suivi
Niveau B :
– Did you offer your help immediately, or did you wait until you were asked? Why?
– Did you yourself benefit from providing important help to your colleague? How?
– Do you regularly offer help to your colleagues?
– Have you ever refused to help a member of your team? Why?
Niveau C :
– At what point, in your opinion, do you think you can ask for help from colleague(s)?
– To what extent does help in the work environment increase productivity?
– In your opinion, what is the line between colleagues mutually helping each other and the help that is provided by someone whose job it is to help?
– What do you think of the saying, ‘If you want something done right, do it yourself?
Niveau B :
– Do you think these kinds of activities are important to the workplace?
– Have you heard of other kinds of activities for socializing with co-workers?
– What is the best social activity you have ever participated in?
– If one of your colleagues or employees refused to participate in an activity, what arguments would you use to persuade him or her?
Niveau C :
– What personal qualities are necessary to organize something like this successfully?
– Do you think that social activities in the workplace improve relationships in general and team spirit in general?
– To what extent do you believe it is necessary to participate in social activities at work?
– Some people believe that these social activities are an invasion of privacy. What do you think?
Niveau B :
– How do you apply what you learned on a daily basis?
– What kind of training would you like to attend in the future?
– In your opinion, is training always useful?
– Do you think that managers are in the best position to determine what training their employees should have?
Niveau C :
– Do you think that training should be mandatory for employees?
– To what extent does training subsequently improve performance?
– How can you make daily use of what has been learned in training?
– To what extent does professional training provide motivation for employees?
Écoutez le dialogue deux fois, faites un résumé et ensuite répondez aux questions de suivi
” Team Work “
Faites un résumé de ce dialogue.
Dana: Lucie do you have a moment? I would like to talk to you about something.
Lucy: Sure Dana what’s on your mind?
Dana: It’s concerning the new project and how the teams were divided this time.
Lucy: Yes, is there a problem? You don’t look too happy.
Dana: Well honestly I am not. Look, I have been here for a long time, right?
Lucy: Yes, certainly.
Dana: So I ask that you keep my track record in mind when I tell that the situation is almost intolerable for me.
Lucy: Ok go on.
Dana: These three kids I am working with have no idea what team work is. I know they are new but I feel like I am babysitting half of the time.
Lucy: Let me see…oh yes. You are with Whitney, Christina and Robert. What is it that they are doing that is upsetting you?
Dana: It’s what they aren’t doing. They are never ready with the agreed-on work for any meetings. In order to move forward I found I am forced to do more and more.
Lucy: You know Dana one of the reason I put you with those three is because of your strong organisational skills and your ability to work well with new people. I am counting on you to help them develop the same skills.
Dana: I understand that and I thank you but I am not convinced that they are learning anything from me because they seem to be too busy socialising.
Lucy: Ah ha! I see. Do you thing that with little direction from me things can improve. I can certainly have a word with them.
Dana: Yes but that may then cause problems because they will know I have been to see you to complain about them.
Lucy: Not necessarily. What I can do is make it just an informal how-is it-going-meeting about ask about what they are doing specifically and encourage them to use this opportunity to demonstrate what they can do.
Dana: That’s fine but to tell you the truth I will still prefer to work with another group or on my own this time.
Lucy: I wish I can do something Dana but I really do need you in place with these three. I am going to ask all teams to provide a detail update each week concerning who’s done what. That should help things move in the right direction.
Dana: Ok well I will do my best.
Lucy: Thanks. [/tab]