0 of 4 Questions completed
You have already completed the excercise before. Hence you can not start it again.
Excercise is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the excercise.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Répondez aux questions simples liées au travail.
Écoutez chaque enregistrement deux fois et répondez aux question.
” Frozen Computer”
Kim: Hello I am trying to contact the IT people. My computer is complety frozen I can’t even control alt, delete it. Can you send someone up to 2110 to fix it. Oh yeah my name is Kim.
” Missing Shipment of Office Chairs”
Missing Shipment of Office Chairs
Rob: Alicia this is Rob Reynolds from office solution incorporated calling. As you may recall we’ve spoken last week about a shipment of office chairs. I was finally able to track down your order and I am sorry to say that the whole load ended up in another province due to a shipping error. If you could please give me a call back we can discuss some options. I apologize for the inconvenience but I am confident that we can get everything straightened out quickly. I look forward to hearing back from you.
“Personal Day Request”
Personal Day Request
Sarah: Hi Sylvie this is Sarah calling from human ressources.
Sylvie: Hi Sarah how are you doing today?
Sarah: Good thank you. Look I know you requested a personal day off today but Jim called in sick last minute and we have a report due tomorrow morning as the minister is making a speech later in the day and needs this specific information.
Sylvie: So you want me to come in today.
Sarah: Please I am sorry to do this to you but you can take tomorrow and an extra half day if you would like. I just really need you this afternoon.
Sylvie: Ok I can make it I will be there in an hour.
Sarah: Great. I will see you then.
” Currency Museum”
Nancy: Hello you have reached the information desk for the currency museum. Nancy speaking.
Pitt: Hello Nancy my name is Pitt Winsted and I am calling to get some information about the museum’s accessibility
Nancy: Sure Mr Winsted what would you like to know?
Pitt: My grandfather is an avid coin collector and really wants to go there when he comes to town but he’s in a wheel chair. Is it anything we have do before we come to make sure he can see everything?
Nancy: The majority of our museum is completely accessible to the public but there’s one section that will be difficult to navigate as we are currently updating it. However if you call us the day before you’re planning on coming and let us know when to expect you. I’ll be sure to have some people waiting for you to help your grandfather for the difficult part.
Pitt: Oh that will be wonderful I am sure your exhibits will be the best part of the trip. I’ll be sure to call ahead then. Thank you.
Nancy: Our pleasure. Have a nice day!
Choisissez un des trois sujets puis faites une présentation en répondant aux questions de suivi
Niveau B :
– Do you think it is essential to have the qualities of a leader in order to be a good manager?
– If you were offered a course on leadership, would you take the opportunity? Why or why not?
– Talk about a situation where you had to demonstrate leadership.
– In your opinion, should all leaders become managers?
Niveau C :
– To what extent is charisma essential to being a good leader?
– To what extent do you believe that the qualities of a leader are innate vs. acquired?
– Compare the qualities of a leader to those of a manager.
– It is often said that leaders have `vision`. Do you agree with this widespread notion?
Niveau B :
– What lessons were learned from this crisis? In retrospect, was the crisis well handled?
– Is it important to have a united team in order to resolve a crisis situation?
– In general, do crisis have the effect of getting to know our colleagues better?
– What would you do differently if you encountered the same kind of crisis today?
Niveau C :
– In retrospect, would you have dealt with this crisis in a different manner?
– To what extent can a difficult situation create positive consequences?
– To what extent are public servants properly prepared to deal with crisis situations?
– It is often said that a person’s true nature reveals itself in a time of crisis. What do you think?
Niveau B :
– Does this person and his or her influence continue to be a point of reference for you in your daily work?
– Do you think that you, personally, have influenced someone’s career?
– What do you think of the idea of mentoring?
– If a student asked your advice about working for the government, what would you tell him or her?
Niveau C :
– In what way would the absence of this person have altered your career path?
– Have you thought about acting as a mentor for one of your colleagues (or employees)?
– To what extent do you think the retirement of the baby boomers is going to affect your workplace in the coming years?
– Do you find that the government offers enough training opportunities to new employees?
Écoutez le dialogue deux fois, faites un résumé et ensuite répondez aux questions de suivi
“Language Training Request “
Faites un résumé de ce dialogue.
Lisa: David do you have a moment I would like to talk with you about some upcoming training opportunities.
David: Sure. What do you have in mind?
Lisa: Actually, I received an email today concerning language training starring next month and I will be interested pursuing that.
David: Didn’t you just get your B levels just last year? That’s all that’s required for your job.
Lisa: Yes that’s true. However, I found that because there are so few francophones in our shop. I am really losing what fluency I had because I have never had the chance to speak French.
David: Yes I know that can be a problem. Are you still watching some TV or movies in French and listening to the radio?
Lisa: Sure sometimes but what I really need is to practice speaking
David: Lisa you know that the language training budget is pretty much devoted to people who required their levels to keep their jobs, right?
Lisa: I am aware of that but I’m sure you know that I would like to have some other opportunities to grow as well. And I will eventually required C’s
David: I understand but I simply cannot justify sending you for more training when they are so many others who really need it now.
Lisa: Not even a maintenance course? It’s just twice a week for a total of 4 hours and the course last 10 weeks.
David: There is something else to consider though that’s four hours a week away from the office and we are so busy that I am rather hesitant to put the burden on your colleagues to cover for you.
Lisa: Listen. If I can promise to present you with a plan as to how I will manage all of this so that no one is caused extra work. Would you consider my request?
David: I will consider it but make sure that your proposal addresses everything we talked about here.
Lisa: Thanks, I will.
– To what extent is Lisa’s request reasonable, being that she had no immediate need for a Level C?
– What would you have done if you were David?
– It is often said that after spending time in language training, many people simply do not use their acquired language once they are back at work. Offer your opinion on this as well as some potential solutions.