0 of 4 Questions completed
You have already completed the test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Répondez aux questions simples liées au travail.
Écoutez chaque enregistrement deux fois et répondez aux questions.
Hello Mr Corn. This Hugh at the security desk. Apparently you lost your pass. Someone turned it in saying that they found it in the parking lot. Anyway, it will be here for you, whenever you come to get it. If I am not here just ask for Sheila. She knows where it is. Have a good day!
Hi Lauren this John Marley from HR calling about the email you sent to us yesterday. I understand you had concerned about the number of vacation days you had remaining. According to our records you have four days of leave left for this year. Therefore, if you want to take a week in early December as you indicated you’ll unfortunately have to take one of the days unpaid. I’m going to forward you the documentation that we have and if you wish to discuss anything after looking it over. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Have a good day!
John: Service Canada, how may I help you?
James:Yes hello I wonder if you could give me some information. I’ve heard about a job opening but I have no idea what I am supposed to do to apply.
John: I see…and what job are you interested in applying for?
James: Well it’s with Heritage Canada and I heard they’re looking for people to do some statistical work and that’s my field
John: Are you new to Canada, Mr…
James: Oh you can call me James. Yes I am quiet new. I just arrived from Ireland.
John: I see we have a specific website for new comers to Canada and employment offers that I would like to suggest for you to look at. Do you have something to write with?
James: Yeah go ahead
John: Go to workingincanada.gc.ca that will take you through different aspects of working and job searching in Canada
James: Oh that’s great. Thanks very much for the information.
John: My pleasure. Have a great day!
Craig: Good Morning Supply. Craig Johnson, speaking.
Miguel: Yes hello Craig its Miguel Scott calling. I just received the order that you filled.
Craig: Yes is there a problem?
Miguel: Yes. We have seem to run through pens like crazy up here so I’d wanted to stock up. I’d requested five boxes each of blue, black and red fountain pens but only received one of each.
Craig: Perhaps you haven’t had the chance to read through the new policy for supplies that we had distributed last month. But in any case there had been restrictions placed on a number of particular items that can be sent out at once.
Miguel: I see so how many boxes can I get then?
Craig: I can send you an extra two boxes of each of the pens colours that you had requested.
Miguel: Well…that will do. Thanks Craig
Craig: No problem. Take care. [/tab]
Choisissez un des trois sujets puis faites une présentation en répondant aux questions de suivi
Niveau B :
– What would be the perfect workplace for you?
– If you could do telework, would it be an advantage or an inconvenience for you?
– Is it realistic to dream of an ideal job with the government?
– Talk about how you got your current job.
– What makes a work team ideal to you?
Niveau C :
– If you were your own supervisor, would you consider yourself to be an ideal employee? Why or why not?
– For you as a manager, what team size is ideal? Why?
– To what extent can a job prove to be absolutely ideal?
– There is some monotony in every job. How should these routine aspects be managed?
– If you had the opportunity to change jobs, which department or agency would you like to work for, and in what capacity? Explain.
Niveau B :
– What project represented for you the opportunity to develop new skills?
– How would you modify the processes and approvals necessary for a project at your workplace?
– What are the criteria you consider when deciding whether to accept or refuse a project?
– How do you manage multiple projects at the same time?
– With which colleagues do you like to work on projects? Why?
– Does your supervisor/manager offer you projects that are interesting and/or motivating?
Niveau C :
– If you had the chance to do this project again, what would you do differently?
– In your opinion, does the current way of doing projects at your workplace have any negative aspects? If so, what are they?
– If you had to assign the project you described to someone, who would you choose and why?
– To what extent is the dynamic of working on a project different from managing it? Expand.
– In what way does your academic knowledge correspond to the needs and requirements of your position?
– To what extent is the information learned in project management training transferable and useful in practice?
Niveau B :
– Describe an event that has been a highlight of your career so far.
– Are you satisfied with the evolution of your career?
– Do you find that your studies have been useful to you in your career?
– Is there a particular event or person who has influenced you in your career path?
– What was the choice that determined the direction of your career?
– Did one person in particular play a decisive role in the direction of your professional life? Develop.
– If you had the chance to go back to the start of your career, what would you not do, or what would you do differently?
Niveau C :
– To what extent is it good to have diverse experiences as opposed to concentrating on one specialty?
– In your opinion, is the rate of turnover in government something to be concerned about?
– In order to avoid high turnover, should the government require that employees remain in their positions for a minimum period of time? Justify your answer.
– What would you do differently (or not do at all) if you could?
– To what degree is it necessary for people to sacrifice certain aspects of their private lives in order to advance rapidly in their careers?
– In your opinion, what are the necessary elements for the successful evolution of a professional career?
– Are you a person for whom a satisfying professional life is necessary in order to feel that life is complete? Explain.
Écoutez et choisissez un sujet ensuite faites une présentation en répondant aux questions de suivi.
“Uneven workload “
Faites un résumé de ce dialogue.
Chris: Good morning John. How are you Today?
John: Oh…Hi Chris! well thank you and yourself?
Chris: I am great. What were you up to last night?
John: I worked I was in the office until about 7:30 then I decided I needed to change scenery so I went home to work on some other reports we need by next week. What about you?
Chris: Nothing too extravagant. I just went for a bite with my boyfriend. So…you were here until 7:30 and didn’t you start at 7:30 am yesterday?
John: Yeah I sure did.
Chris: Wow you will get a lot of overtime hours then.
John: well I guess so… although I didn’t clock in for the hours I worked at home last night or the night before.
Chris: Oh right you said you worked at home but two nights in a row! You’re making me feel a little bit awkward. I am not in the same team as you why aren’t I feeling the pressure for all this work?
John: Well you and Jennifer work on the finance side of things. I am unfortunately working on methodology. The thing is my two partners are fairly new and they’re taking a bit longer to catch on than expected so I’m picking up the slot for them until they finally gain momentum
Chris: Oh that’s not good. Have you told the team leader about this? And all the extra work you’ve been doing? I am sure he will pick up some of the work if you ask him to. After all it’s his job to be noticing these kinds of things. And if he hasn’t yet you may need to say something.
John: I know you’re right. I just don’t want the other two to get in trouble. I know they’re trying really hard.
Chris: Oh well they won’t get in trouble for having a slow learning curve plus it’s not your responsibility
John: I know…I know.
– Do you agree or disagree that Jon should speak to his team leader?
– From a management perspective, what would you do if you noticed that it was taking someone much longer to catch on to his duties than expected?
– In this specific situation how does the uneven workload reflect on individuals of a team, and the team leader?
– Do you think Jon should have spoken up sooner?
– If you were the team leader of Jon and Chris’ team, what would you do to ease Jon’s workload?