0 of 4 Questions completed
You have already completed the excercise before. Hence you can not start it again.
Excercise is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the excercise.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Répondez aux questions simples liées au travail.
Écoutez chaque enregistrement deux fois et répondez aux questions.
Hi Will this is Jack from financing calling, I was going through your receipts and found an error in your calculations. Could you stop down and see me when you have a chance? we should get this cleared up as soon as possible. I’m here till 5 today, see you soon.
Hello my name is Ray Fist and I’m calling for Mrs A. Christy. When I was talking to her a few months ago she said I’ll be sent an invite to her upcoming conference, I’m starting to get a little worried as I haven’t received it and the conference is in two and a half weeks. So I was hoping that someone can call me to let me know what’s what. My cell phone number is 613 555 9274. Thanks and have a great day.
Alex: Hello research Alex Curie speaking.
Mike: Hello this if Mike Manoghen calling, I’m having some problems using my computer and I hope you can help me.
Alex: What seems to be the problem Mr Manoghen?
Mike: It’s my monitor, it’s an old one, and with my vision problems I really need a better one to help with my eye fatigue.
Alex: Ok I think we can arrange for a larger plat screen for you. anything else?
Mike: No I think that’s about it for now. How long will you send someone up with a new monitor?
Alex: Let see…we should be able to get that to you by late next week.
Mike: So long gees..well Ok thanks.
Stephanie: Hello corporate services Stephanie Labatt here how may I help you?
George: Hello my name is George Jessop and I have recently transferred here from Edmonton, I have a question concerning parking.
Stephanie: Yes just going to bring up your fill here..Ok go ahead.
George: I may’ve made an assumption that I’ll be given a parking spot because I’m a manager but nobody has been able to tell me anything about that.
Stephanie: Oh unfortunately at this time sir there are not vacancies.
George: What oh no, well that’s a problem for me because I absolutely have to drive to come to work .
Stephanie: There’s a waiting list that I can put you on.
George: How long the wait likely to be?
Stephanie: It’s very hard to say but would you like me to send you the parking request form?
George: Yes I would appreciate that. Thanks for the information.
Stephanie: You’re welcome, goodbye.
Choisissez un des trois sujets puis faites une présentation en répondant aux questions de suivi
Niveau B :
– In your opinion, is it important to have a preferred task at work?
– Are you always as effective doing your non-preferred tasks as those you enjoy?
– What training could you take to perfect the skills you need to do your preferred task?
– What can be done to motivate an employee who does not like his or her duties?
– If you didn’t like your work, what would you do?
Niveau C :
– To what extent do you think a person has to like his or her work in order to do it well?
– Would you be able to delegate your favourite work? If so, what would you recommend to others to ensure that the work is done well?
– To what extent do public servants lack motivation?
– To what extent are managers responsible for their employee’s motivation?
– If you didn’t enjoy the work that you are doing, how much of a problem would it be for you? What might you do?
Niveau B :
– What do you think of the way decisions are made by the government?
– If a colleague who didn’t know how to make a decision asked you for advice, what would you tell him?
– Are you always in agreement with decisions made by management?
– Should employees be included to a greater degree in the decisions made by upper management? Explain.
Niveau C :
– To what extent does paper work slow down the process of making decisions?
– In your opinion, what is the best way for a manager to present decisions to his or her employees?
– To what extent should employees be allowed to participate in the process of decision-making with upper management?
– Are there decisions that you would make if you were in your supervisor’s position?
– Do you think you would make decisions differently if you could have a preview of the outcome?
Niveau B :
– Do you have any ideas for projects or activities that could reduce stress at work?
– Do you think that managers should try to ensure as stress-free a work environment as possible?
– In your experience, how is the level of stress measured in the Public Service?
– In which job have you experienced the most stress?
– Have you experienced work-related stress affecting your personal life?
– Do you think there is such a thing as good stress?
– In your opinion, when does stress become dangerous?
– In your view, is it possible to work in a stress-free environment?
– What could you do to diminish the stress in your work environment?
– What advice would you give to someone who wants to reduce his/her stress level?
Niveau C :
– To what extent is stress beneficial to productivity?
– To what degree are we responsible for generating our own stress in the workplace?
– Do you believe that the level of stress in a job is not so much about the job, but rather about the person doing the job?
– To what extent is stress a necessary evil?
– How is the stress within your team managed?
– It is said that some managers deliberately cultivate stress among their employees with the aim of increasing productivity. Comment on this kind of rationale.
– To what extent does stress increase along with one’s level of responsibility?
– To what degree is stress primarily created by other people?
– Some people cannot work well when they are under stress. Do you understand this mentality, and to what do you attribute it?
Écoutez et choisissez un sujet ensuite faites une présentation en répondant aux questions de suivi.
“Vacation postponed “
Faites un résumé de ce dialogue.
Trish: Oh Matt can I ask you a question?
Matt: Hi Trish how are you?
Trish: I’m good thanks for asking Matt, how are you?
Matt: Fine thank you, what’s up?
Trish: you going on vacation next week right?
Matt: 3 days and counting.
Trish: well that’s kind of what my question is all about, do you have any solid plans already?
Matt: Well other than going to my cottage in Carleton place and do nothing but relax on my desk no, but I think that’s a solid plan don’t you? how would you define it?
Trish: Well I mean you don’t have any plan ticket booked, important family reunion to attend or anything?
Matt: No , well where you getting at Trish, you’re making me nervous
Trish: well it’s just that I’m suppose to go on vacation the week after you and this big project came up that’s due in two weeks and it has to get started immediately, both you and I need to work on it.
Matt: Are you asking me to cancel my vacation?
Trish: No no no not completely, just postponed it.
Matt: Until when?
Trish: well the situation is this; my cousin just decided to move her wedding up to next week rather than two months from now so it’s kind of short notice. Since they need one of us to work on this project at all time until it’s done there’ll be a problem if we’re both off. Anyways I was supposed to be in the bridal party and this wedding really means a lot to me and….
Matt: Let me guess, you want to switch weeks with me?
Matt: Alright you’re lucky I don’t have solid plans. I do have a couple things to crop up here anyways.
Trish: Thanks so much Matt, I’ll go talk to our DG and see if we can get it approved.
Matt: Alright keep me posted.
– If you were in Matt’s position, what would you have done?
– Do you think that it’s acceptable for Trish to ask such a question?
– Do you think it would be acceptable for a team leader to ask someone to postpone a vacation on such short notice
– Often it can be hard to say no to coworkers and employers: do you have this difficulty?